For all events we ask people to maintain social distancing and stay within your bubble. Face masks are encouraged.
TV Bingo with Music by John & Taylor Groves
Thursday Aug. 6th, 7:30 pm
Location: Forteau Lions Club (Forteau Community Hall) and Channel 8 on cable TV.
Bingo cards are available are these locations: Lobel Management, Forteau Sales & Services and Food Chopper.
There will be 9 games in total.
Note: Participants must bring their own bingo markers.
JACKPOT - $500 !
COVID-19 GUIDELINES - BINGO HALLS
- A Lions Club member will meet people at the door to ensure social distancing.
- A hand sanitization station will be available. We encourage everyone to use it.
- Face masks are also encouraged.
Please read the full guidelines: Guidance for Bingo Halls
Drive-in Movie - Dr. Doolittle
Friday Aug. 7th, 9:30 pm
Dr. John Dolittle lives in solitude behind the high walls of his lush manor in 19th-century England. His only companionship comes from an array of exotic animals that he speaks to on a daily basis. But when young Queen Victoria becomes gravely ill, the eccentric doctor and his furry friends embark on an epic adventure to a mythical island to find the cure.
Location: Bigland Pharmacy, Forteau.
Admission: $7/person or $25/vehicle for vehicles with more than 3 people.
There will be access to an indoor washroom (guided by a Lions Club member) and outdoor canteen service — view the canteen menu.
COVID-19 GUIDELINES - DRIVE-IN EVENTS
- Vehicles must be separated by a minimum of two meters. Vehicle engines should be turned off.
- Windows and sunroofs may be open; doors and trunks should remain closed.
- Occupants of a vehicle must be from the same extended bubble.
- Individuals should stay in their vehicles except for essential purposes, such as to use the washroom, as long as they stay two metres away from others while outside the vehicle.
- Only one person per vehicle should go to the canteen and please respect social distancing while there.
Please read the full guidelines: Guidance on Outdoor Drive-in Events
Outdoor Events at Forteau Community Hall
Saturday Aug. 8th - All Events
Kids Bike Rodeo
Time: 1:00-2:00 pm
The rodeo will be a supervised bike ride through Forteau for kids of all ages. Kids are encouraged to decorate their bikes with a Labrador theme — do this at home so you're ready to go! Be at the Forteau Community Hall parking lot 10 minutes early to allow time for organization.
Family Photo Scavenger Hunt
Time: 3:00-4:00 pm
The Photo Scavenger Hunt starts at the Forteau Community Hall with a list of things for you to photograph. Photos must be taken on the day of the event, not ones you might already have! Return to the Community Hall to have your photos checked. Family teams are allowed (everyone in the same bubble). First one back with all photos is the winner! Prizes to be awarded.
Time: 4:30-7:00 pm
The Fish Fry will take place outside the Forteau Fire Hall, and will be hosted and supervised by members of the Forteau Lions Club.
Bonfire & Fireworks
Time: 8:30 pm
The bonfire & fireworks will take place near the Forteau Community wharf, and will be hosted and supervised by members of the Forteau Lions Club.
COVID-19 GUIDELINES - OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
- Groups of 50 people or less including participants, staff and spectators.
- A minimum of 2 metres or 6 feet between all household bubbles.
- Participants supply their own equipment and refrain from sharing water bottles or food items.
- After activities conclude, individuals should maintain physical distancing when returning to vehicles or homes.
Please read the full guidelines: Guidance for Outdoor Recreation Activities
Virtual Folk Festival Concert
Sunday Aug 9th, 2:00 pm
Watch this year's Folk Festival concert from the comfort of your own home! The Virtual Concert will be streamed live on Sunday afternoon from the Forteau Lions Club.
- Cloe Roberts and Sonny Jones
- Shawna Normore
- Uncle Ray Flynn
- Valerie Layden
- Sabrina and Laquita
- Brazen Face (formerly known as Uncle Harry's Bar)
- The Ennis Sisters
Brazen Face and the Ennis Sisters will be connecting from their home locations.
Please note that the concert venue will NOT be open to the public due to Covid-19.
Performers and staff at the concert venue will follow Covid-19 guidelines as outlined in Guidance for Indoor Entertainment